Jushua Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Jushua, Mar 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jushua

Staff Member Helper
    Expand Collapse

I HAVE TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD MULTIPLE TIMES BECAUSE OF CHARACTER LIMIT.

1) Basic Info:

What is your In-Game Name?: Jushua

What faction are you currently in?: Lazarus

What is your discord? (name#1234): Jushua#0001

How old are you?: 16 turning 17

What timezone are you in?: EST

Are you multilingual?: No

2) What encouraged you to apply for staff on KarismicMC?:

What encouraged me most to apply on KarismicMC is the potential it has to become a striving and top of the line server. KarismicMC has players that are actually dedicated to playing the server and want to achieve the spot of F top. A server with these kinds of players is definitely very exciting and challenging to play on. The competitiveness between everyone is truly raw! Factions have that friendly hate for each other and that is what keeps the server animated.

The staff and management on this server is another thing that caught my eye. Mods and Helpers are always on which keeps the server well moderated. The admins on this server are always on and are always busy, which makes me know that this server definitely does not play around and knows how to get objectives done.

This server is definitely growing and I do want to be apart of this community even more. I recently just joined the server at the start of the grace period and I had a feeling I was going to have a different experience from the previous server I was playing actively. As a whole, my first week of KarismicMC has been very fun and I would love to actually take part in a greater role on this server.

3) How can you benefit the server?:

I feel that I have many ways I can benefit the server. I am pretty active when it comes to playing games I love. I have been on KarismicMC every day during the past week for hours just playing just having a good time. Not because I have to be on for my faction, it is because of actually wanting to talk to people and see what new things are going on.

I am active in chat. My activity in chat makes me good for having a conversation with others and potentially even helping others. I have answered a couple of questions in chat. Not a lot, because most people on this server actually know what they are doing, but mostly any new players that have any simple questions about the server and getting started.

4) Do you have any staff experience?:

I do not have that much experience as staff but do not doubt what I know.

I was staff on a very old Hardcore factions server called OmniHCF. It was a pretty small server but definitely had a decent community with YouTubers that advertised. This is where I learned a lot about how to catch players using clients. I also learned how to properly screen share during this time. It has been a very long time since my time on that server so my screen sharing skills having dwindled, but I am really open to learning how to screen share players in 2020.

Another server I was staff on was a practice server called OchaPvP. Ocha sadly died down very fast due to lack of funding but It was also an experience I was glad to be apart of. I was an admin and learned how to use consoles for servers.

I know these are not big servers that nobody has probably has heard of but these are in fact real servers that were up and running at one point. Now going into my real life, I am a manager at my job. At 16, not many people my age are able to do what I do. I have learned how to take responsibilities very seriously and how to keep myself organized and these are definitely skills that would help me if I was staff on Karismic.

5) What kind of reputation do you feel you have on the server?:

As I have only been playing the server for about a week, I know I am not that known yet on the server but I feel like my reputation is pretty good. I have been really respectful to all staff members that I have talked to. They are actually some of the most professional and easiest to talk to staff I have encountered in a while.

When it comes to players, I think I have made myself known. I have said some iffy things to other players in other factions but at the end of the day, it is all friendly competition and I believe other players respect me.

For my faction, I think my reputation is definitely good. I fully support my faction and I have them by my side at all times. Having a good reputation in my faction is important because my bonds and connections that I have with them make me want to play the server even more with them. They are definitely people I would love to stay with.

6) How active can you be on the server, discord, and forums daily?:

I can be really active during the day on the server. During these times of the coronavirus, most players’ schools and jobs have closed until further notice. Lucky for me, my school is closed for a while. Because of this, my activity on servers can be very high because I really do not have anything else to do besides homework and playing factions.

When it comes to discord, I check it probably more than 30 times a day. I mainly use discord on my phone so there I should not be answering any messages I receive. Discord is like the main part of my day. I am on it for hours on hours talking to the people I play with and just talking to others in discords, meeting new people and making new connections.

When it comes to forums, it is probably my strongest. I love having opinions on what others have to say about certain topics. I love giving my own input and seeing what others think I also like to see any news that has been going on. Forums has to be the most important factor when it comes to servers. It is the main center for communicating with a community. Especially with responsibility for checking and moderating it, I think I would be a good candidate for moderating.

2. Jushua

Staff Member Helper
    Expand Collapse

CONTINUED

7) How much experience do you have with playing Factions?:

I started playing factions when I was 10 years old during 2011-2012. I played your average TNT factions servers for my first two years of playing Minecraft. I quickly got to learn the game mode at a young age and it definitely was one of the more exciting game modes that I have played during my 7 years playing Minecraft.

From 2013-2017, I got more into PVP, especially potpvp and this got me into the game mode of Hardcore Factions. Hardcore Factions taught me A LOT about PVP. It taught me about how PVP mechanics worked, how hacks worked and how other players used it to their advantages and how to spot players using hacks. I will say, this is where most of my Minecraft experience revolved around and made me the player I am today.

From 2018 to currently 2020, I recently got back into TNT factions. I got super into it during the summer for 2019. I learned more about TNT cannons, new strategies for factions, and played with new groups to catch me up to date with the current stage of factions. Factions has definitely been one of my favorite game modes. I love the action and the content that it has to bring to others.

8) How well do you work with others?:

I work very smoothly with others. I love working with others making sure that objectives get done. I believe having a good time with others builds relationships and trusts with people. These trusts can make bonds strong. I believe I am a trustable person and I can keep my word when I say I will. I have a laid back personality which I think makes me very easy to talk to and play with.

An example I have that involves working with others is my IRL job. Making sure things go as planned and smoothly flowing makes a good person to work with.

Another example I have is being at school. School is a great example when it comes to working with others because it does teach you how to stay on track and keep yourself organized and I know these skills would make work well with others anywhere including Minecraft.

9) What do you believe is the main/overall role of a staff member?:

I think the main/overall role of a staff member is to be there for the community. My role as a staff member is to give players my full respect and to reach out to players at the most important times. My role as a staff member is to be a good example for others. I 100% understand that I am representing myself and the server equally as a helper on KarismicMC.

My overall role as a staff member is to work with fellow staff members to make sure the server is running fine and that players are not experiencing any issues. Staff must be there for the community as they are the most looked up to people when it comes to faction servers when they have problems. I fully understand that a lack of participation in my role can lead to a demotion and my reputation being hurt and I do believe I can make an impact on the server.

10) Why should you be chosen over other applicants?:

I believe should be chosen over other applicants because I know I can apply myself to wherever I am needed without being asked. I know that I am responsible and I know to manage my time and how o stay on top of things. I am confident that I know my key aspects of this game mode and I know I can use my skills to help others.

I also believe that I should be chosen over other applicants because I am always willing to learn new things and to teach new things to others. As apart of the community, I want to expand myself and make myself know to this growing server.

My last reason why I should be chosen over other applicants is because of my dedication to playing factions for more than 6 years. I know there are definitely players that have been playing factions for longer periods than me and probably know more, but I am definitely the guy when it comes to learning and being an apart of new experiences.

11) Have you ever been muted or banned on the server? If so, please explain the incident.

I have not been banned or muted on the server.

12) Anything else we should know?

I am really active during the weekdays when I am done my regular school work. I do work on weekends my hours for me would definitely be reduced on the server.

Just some little info about myself. My name is Joshua. I am an athlete. I run track and field and I play soccer. I am also a musician. I play all the saxophones. I am also very into law and want to major in law in college coming up next year.

I also have Karismic ranks and I nitro boost the sever. These things I said really don’t matter but I would like you guys to know a little about myself and what I do in my free time. Please do not doubt me and give me a chance.

3. Hawk0364

Admin
    Staff Member Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I really like your application, lots of detail and info. If you remain active within the community then I really think you'll have a good chance of being accepted, good luck!

+1

4. Shrils

Expand Collapse

+1 Love the detail and information, but to what hawk said above definitely would like to see more of you, good luck!

5. Bama14

Admin
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

VERY Solid application. Well done, moved to consideration. We do not decide promotions mid map but if you are promoted you can probably expect an interview request during downtime period. Thanks for your patience.

6. JDP2013

Staff Member
    Expand Collapse

+1 Very in depth application I see you said you do not have much staff experience, but you seem very willing to learn. Good luck!

7. Reqedd

Staff Member
    Expand Collapse

+1 Solid application!

8. Koovert

Manager
    Staff Member Manager
    Expand Collapse

Application ACCEPTED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.