Ban Appeal Broski

Discussion in 'Punishment Appeals' started by Shoovey, Mar 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoovey

Expand Collapse

#1 Shoovey, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Your In-game name:Shoovey
    Who (Staff Member): _Decypher
    Action (Ban, Mute, etc): Ban
    Where (Forums, Server, Discord): Disc and Server
    What did you do: "Bomb Threats"
    Why should this action be reversed: Okay so basically, it was heat of the moment and players were talking and whoever said it was probably talking out of anger. You can't really prove that it was me.. Not to mention every single competitive server I'ver seen doesn't take discord proof without actual knowledge that it was that player and you can link it to their account. You should not ban based off of voice without having actual proof. There were multiple people talking at the time the player recorded it which is why you cannot prove it was me other than voice. It's a dumb ban and it should be revoked. Also, death wishes/threats first offense is a 4 hour mute, this follows the lines of death wishes for whoever said it.

2. TrickshotWalrus

Expand Collapse

3. JJonek

Expand Collapse

4. Gpisstevie

Expand Collapse

5. Bama14

Admin
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

@Shoovey This ban is staying. I do not equivocate death wishes such as “kms” with making an EXTREMELY VULGAR AND OBSCURE threat to BOMB a member on our server. We have never punished for someone’s actions speaking in discord before but this comment went too far and is not excusable.
    Our Discord rules may be viewed in the #server-info channel. Rule #7 states “Threatening other players is NOT allowed.”

Your statement falls under an offense of that rule and goes so far over the line that, warranting the ban. We will not tolerate this type of behavior in the future. Your ban was only for this season and you are welcome to return to the server to play next map. You may also purchase an unban on our server shop @ https://shop.karismicmc.com

This is not up for further debate.

6. Shoovey

Expand Collapse

You CANNOT prove that I've said anything to someone. I was talking at the time yes, but you SHOULD NOT be able to punish based off of a voice. That's a stupid way to punish someone. If you intend to punish something in discord, then ban from discord not the server. If you EVER expect your server to go anywhere you need to properly enforce your rules and make a guideline to follow. Banning based off of "knowing someones voice" will not get your server anywhere. Just a suggestion :)

7. Haidar_18

Expand Collapse

Every body wants to leave together
    Why cant we leave together

8. Bama14

Admin
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

We appreciate the suggestion. We also suggest not making threats to that extent. It’s all fun and games and shit talking and messing around is all fine with me. But, there is a line of respect and decency. You crossed that line. I hope that you recognize this going forward. We hope to see you for season 7 of Karismic.

9. Hawk0364

Admin
    Staff Member Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.