Chickenprism's Staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Chickenprism, Dec 5, 2018.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Chickenprism

Expand Collapse

[Q] »What position are you applying for?
    [A] » Currently I am aspiring to be a sort of event manager. This position may change as the server changes due to the fact that I can be very adaptive in how I complete my job.

[Q] »What is your minecraft username?
    [A] » Most players know me as FW7 but my main account name is Chickenprism.

[Q] »What is your age?
    [A] » As of 12/4/2018 I am 16 years old. My birthday is 1/27/2002, so I will be 17 on the 27th of January.

[Q] »What is your discord name/tag?
    [A] » Chickenprism#6674

[Q] »What is your timezone/location?

[A] » I live in New York, and my timezone is EST

[Q] »How long have you played KarismicMc?:

[A] » Since the server is currently white-listed I cannot provide a completely accurate analysis of my time on the server, but if my memory serves me correctly, I should have more than 48 hours logged into the server and around three weeks played.

[Q] »How would you improve KarismicMc?

[A] » Being a well-informed member of the community, I have many things to discuss with this question. Firstly, relating to the staff position I am applying for, I would love to see more events where players can compete against each other using wit and skill. For example, one event that could be done with relative ease could be a parkour race. The winner of this race could receive koth level rewards as well as bragging rights.

As an event manager it would be my duty to bring accurate and relevant information to everyone on the server. Doing this would help bridge the gap between the staff team and the player-base. Unlike other staff members I would make sure that the information I receive is a fair representation of the current events. Having these jobs done in an orderly and timely manner would relieve some of the stress that other members of the administration may be dealing with.

That being said, I have a few other ideas that could greatly increase interest in Karismic as well. One of these ideas is the inclusion of custom bosses that spawn in the wilderness. These bosses would be much different from the honor based ones. The bosses that spawn in the wild could be much more difficult to kill and would drop more unique loot. This idea has many advantages. One advantage is the fact that players are much more likely to explore the world if they have the chance to find cool new bosses. This would immensely improve the experience has on the server.

Overall I think that improving the average player's perception of the server is a must! If a player joins and sees a disorganized mess, they are more likely to leave to find another server. This is why having someone to keep things in order and come up with new ideas for riveting new events is an absolute necessity. I believe this is what Karismic is missing. It's much easier to talk the talk than to walk the walk, but I think that I would be a perfect fit for this position.

[Q] »How have you helped people on the server?

[A] » This question is one of the most difficult for me as I don't recall helping very many players on the server. I think the reason this could be is that a majority of my time is spent improving my faction and helping my faction members with issues that may arise. I think this same ideology can apply to me communicating with players and conversing with the staff team. While I'm not the best at helping players on Karasmic at this point in time, I have been a member of other communities and have been extremely helpful and diligent with my tasks. One major example is a server I was developing. Unfortunately, at this time I can't allow anyone on the server as it is down due to lack of support and payment from me. The missed time on that server will allow me to dedicate more time to making Karismic a better place.

DISCLAIMER: This section was added by me to help further organize and optimize my staff application.

SCENARIOS

[Q] » You are a moderator on the server. You have discovered someone exploiting a bug, how would you go about handling the situation?:

[A] » Exploitation is a very tricky subject as it varies heavily on the nature of the offense. One of the most malicious types of exploit is duping. When a player is knowingly duplicating an item for their advantage, they should be punished accordingly. My advice for dealing with someone who is abusing an exploit like this is to act immediately and with intelligence. The best thing to do in this situation would be to find out the source of the duplication glitch and fix it. The next step should be removing all exploited in items. After you are sure that no more duplicated items exist, you should figure out how to punish the player who was abusing the glitch.

[Q] »You are a moderator on the server. A player begins to Dox a staff member leaking his real name, their IP and their address, what would you do?

[A] » This is a terrible situation for the staff member being doxed. The best course of action would be to swiftly clear chat and deal with the player. Most of the time the person that is trying to dox someone is unaware of the severity of the action they are doing. It is recommended to talk to the staff member that was doxed, to make sure that nothing important was given away.

2. Silk_Touch

Manager
    Expand Collapse

So u wanna take my position? ok gotcha fam

3. Avicc

Expand Collapse

oof

4. MDCore

Expand Collapse

10/1, I didn't read it but it was good...

5. Chickenprism

Expand Collapse

Due to lack of relevant responses and the current status of the server I have decided I no longer wish to be a member of the staff team. This may change in the future, but I don't want to be considered at this time.